2010年12月22日

Today is Tang Yuan festival

Happy Dong Zhi or Happy Winter Solstice Festival to everyone!
According to my grandma, eating Tang Yuan (glutinous rice balls) on Dong Zhi represents family reunion.
Tang Yuan has almost same pronunciation as Tuan Yuan, right? So Tang Yuan=Tuan Yuan.
So people eat Tang Yuan to denote union, harmony and happiness for the family.

This is the Tang Yuan made by my grandma and my mum.
Why no me? Because I overslept, LOL!



I have to eat 20 Tang Yuan this year. (but actually i eat more than that)
Because according to the tradition you have to eat according to your age + 1.

Once again, Happy Dong Zhi to everyone! Enjoy eating Tang Yuans~

2 条评论:

  1. 哈哈!
    冬至快乐!

    我17岁...可是我吃了很多粒耶 o.o

    回复删除
  2. 哈哈,我也一样。吃了超多粒的~

    回复删除

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

他們喜歡的 ♥